Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cool...

Cool day.

Spent most of my morning at the hospital. Eye stuff.

Hospitals always reminds me of just how fragile we all are. You see old people, kids, all kinds of people that surely do not deserve to be there and you wonder why I should think I should be so special in life.

Why me?

Why not me?

I feel quite lucky. But why does it take a hospital trip to remind me of that?

I am living in a country where they actually do check up on me when I miss my check ups. Somebody actually takes the time to call me. Giving the level of anxiety I get whenever I have to go to the hospital, I am always grateful to the nurses over there. You can not imagine how kind they all are to me. If they had to hold my hand, they actually will. I am such a big baby with this eye business. You can't imagine. Its very embarrassing...

And the doctor, who despite all my resistance, still makes the decisions he needs to make.

I could not really ask for more at this moment. I am very lucky.

Another eye operation scheduled for August. Not looking forward to it, but hey, at least I am not gonna need a cornea transplant...so lets celebrate.


No comments: