Thursday, September 17, 2009

Maybe it's just me...

Another of my friends just pulled another facebook moment on me. I mean, here is somebody I had been in touch with through out the year...and yesterday, all of a sudden, I see a baby picture on her facebook! Surprise! I have a baby...but how, when, where? I mean all this time you were pregnant? why didn't you say?....She says she wanted it to be a surprise! Yeah! On facebook! I don't get people these days, everybody just acts funny...anyway, maybe its me.

I have been very ill for a long time now. Slowly getting stuck to my bed...does anybody call? No. Does anybody wonder if I have somehow died in my apartment and wild cats are feeding off my carcass? No. So why then, do people expect me to jump at the slightest reason to be with them? Are they fucking nuts? No. I am reading a book and eating biscuit...I do not wish to spend time with people who only remember one when it is convenient for them. Its like being a convenient christian. When one is grinding away, fucking your pelvic bones to dust, when does the word "fornication" come up? Never.

Anyway, nothing noteworthy in my life except at the very moment, I am going through something...a phase...I don't even know what it is. I am not sad, I am not depressed, I am just there...Seems like I am always going through something...how old am I again? I haven't even been writing anymore...and that's bad...real bad..

Damn...anyway, maybe its not the world, maybe its just me...but still... I hate this shitty world. How the fuck do people do it?

But not to worry, I will be eating icecream soon and laughing like crazy...or maybe I should get drunk...tmrw is friday after all...hmmmmmm...nice thought...

11 comments:

misspumping said...

dont worry be happy

Anonymous said...

Ooops, hope you are much better? Pele....

"I haven't even been writing anymore..." not only you, have been writing tonnes in my 'minds eye' just not in ink yet.

Stay up....

Rita said...

Sorry about ur illness. hope you are getting better.

Jaga said...

Hope u r better nw?

Ms. Catwalq said...

Love of my life,
I dey here o....u won't even believe what is happening...it is all good sha. I miss you lots.
Here's a special hug from me to you.
Muah

Anonymous said...

Which kind sick you dey sick sef? Doo. I go send you kpokpomadigah for the sickness and feelings them.

BTW the belle and pikin thing I do am because my MIL dey secretive,I no hide am, i no just broadcast am and since i get in-laws for my list(she hide am from her own sisters sef) e for dey one kind if i tell person say "i get belle but no broadcast am for my wall or comments or tell anybody", my "na we we" people know, that is all. I no talk until I post pictures, I no dey for family drama. some people do one kind, some no acknowledge am till today but I no vex for anybody, anybody when born, I go say congratulations,baby fine and waka pass.My SIL friends vex for am sef on top the matter.

Nothing personal, everybody get reason, my friend don get miscarriage, still birth, tire. But if she no tell you , you no go know.E don born boy,praise the lord, :-).

Anonymous said...

hope you get well soon!
you have no idea how much i enjoy reading your nlog and comments all over naija blogosphere..as yoruba ppl will say, ma fi arale- let your body strong or smthing!!
re facebook: I got off facebook a loooooooooooooong time ago, granted it happend to be while i was pregnant and i did reactivate my account later but i wasnt trying to make announcements or anything. People 'begged' and 'pestered' for pictures of what i looked like pregnant but i dnont think its anyone's bi-nez! my main people saw me during all the 9mths and thats how it should be1 all this vicarious sharing of lives while mentally taking people out is not it!! i have a cousin-in-law who pisses me off to no end with her constant updates and 'yansh- opening on facebook, forgetting she has loads of singler friends/married without kids but trying friends- can she be sensitive!! my husband and i try to be VERY diplomatic with people o, no b...sh*t 'you've put on(wtf) comments and other insenstive photo comments... i get tired of people!! then this other uber-competitive wife of my husband's cousin(long i know) that got married a few weeks after we did in 07 and wanted to kill herslf when we had our baby in 08!!see ehn, people are tiring,lets just put it that way... i just think 'F..K you x3' all these crazy FB ppl/competitors/fake friends...
e go good, you know ur 'we we people' as sm1 said...

Have a Fabulous weekend and go get some retail therapy jare.... its almost pay day...

Kokolet1

Myne said...

Hope you feel better now? Take care.

Anya P said...

you seem unhappy waffarian. becos the absence of happiness is sadness, me love. I hope you're feeling a lot better now.

Anonymous said...

looks like loads of people love u here....so wat u talking about mate?!

Eka said...

Just passing through... what you said about FB friends caught my attention. I had a friend who suddenly emailed pictures of her baby and I was like, I didn't even know she was preggy and like you, we had been talking all year. Then my brother in-law gives birth and none of us knew his wife was preggy. It's all so strange to me, I have vowed that when I get preggy, nobody will know untill I drop the babies.

I have never wished anyone evil, even though my hubby and I have been trying for some years now, I know God will bless us with ours someday. It's just so strange to me, all the secrecy... people fail to remember that whatever God has decreceed, so be it. Regardless of what others think or don't think.

It's one thing to flaunt your blessings and quite another to share your joy with those you care enough about.