Friday, January 14, 2011

Clash of the titans...



Tomorrow I have to do a presentation with two women that can't stand each other. We met today to prepare and it was madness. One is a job coach and the other one is a Russian artist (and art therapist?). Anyway, so while one is all about "goals" and "targets", "time constraints" etc, the other one is talking about following our "intuition" and "spontaneity" "magnetic energy" "experiment", etc. And I am just in the middle thinking, "CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOOT ME???". It was horrible, men. After listening to them shout down each other's throats for one hour, I had had enough. I just said "its clear you two can't work together, let's divide this shit into three parts and go home". To which the "job coach" turned around and had the guts to ask if I was irritated? Irritated? Irritated was not the word. I was so mad that there was just a total lack of humility. Nobody was listening to anybody. Two of them just wanted to do their own things without even thinking of me...I did not mind anyway, I just wanted it done. Meanwhile both ideas were not the best anyway. Left to me, I would have done something totally different, so I did not really care for the conversation. They had assigned the opening and conclusion to me, while they fought over the middle.

And now I can't sleep cos I am so nervous. Not about my part, my part is solid. I am nervous about doing anything with them EVER AGAIN after today's performance. Once, is always good enough for a lesson. I am not one of those people that need to get shit three times.

Uscccccccccccccccccccccch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep ur head up. People like this make group work a pain....i dont know what their aim is....to rip each other up ...i thought this is group work so anything to out the group out there is wat we are working towards....grrr i dont miss school...mmm that phd degree i might just hve to pass on it :p

NoLimit said...

Oops! I can only imagine how you must have felt!:)
How did it go eventually?

Waffarian said...

@Nolimit: It went well but we had a discussion later where I explained to them how I felt working with them. They took it well and understood what I meant.