Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My curtain na tablecloth...

...those tie and dye ones...you know, the one that every Nigerian living abroad has. This one is green, with fishes swimming inside in a circle, or rather, square(cos the table cloth is square). It looks ridiculous but who cares? and thats all I have managed to put up, plus some table lamps that I have plugged into every socket that I found...

perhaps this is the "union of joy and emptiness?"(I read that in one of those Buddhism books, one of those phrases that haunts my brain)its a fucking empty room...

but I am happy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That u're happy is the bottom line i guess....

Lost at The End said...

"those tie and dye ones...you know, the one that every Nigerian living abroad has"

Maybe I need to get one.

Anonymous said...

hmmm. i think am first. Finally. first on someone's blog

SHE said...

Yes. You are happy. And that is what matters.
I believe i know how you feel, 'cos I once suffered through a period of 'homelessness'. When I got a place, it was empty for a long time, but it was my very own place.

Waffarian said...

@Danny Bagucci: Yes I am!

@Lost at the end: What do you mean you don't have one? everyone does...check again! Those tie and dye table cloth na...they have different colours, mot have fruits on them...okayyyyyyyy na mistake, abi, na "batik" I mean? anyway, go check ya cupboard, e must to dey...haba!

@african weight loss diva: Heheheheheh, e be like say u no be first oh!!!!!!!

@SHE: My sister...you understand jare.

Waffarian said...

I mean, most have "fruits" on them

Ms. Catwalq said...

me too, i have abode o....waiting on a miracle for me to get my flascreen tv, ikea couch and black area rug. working on it though....this year is THE YEAR, my sister...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

As long as you are happy, nothing else matters. I can't even begin to tell you what my first apartment looked like. Okay, I can... A bed, a tv in the room, a tv in the living room and a phone on the floor...

At least you have curtains.

lol!

NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...