Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why should I be the one?

Why should I be the one to help others? huh?

Is there fucking "Maria Theresa" written on my forehead?

Why should I always be the one that has a fucking moral obligation. Huh?

Why? Why should I be the one that reacts when I see something bad? Someone in trouble?

Why should I be the one? After all, how many help me? How many people have helped me when I was in fucking shit?

Nobody. There was nobody.

And what exactly do I get for my troubles? Do I get a "thank you?" No. Do I get flowers? No. A card maybe? Huh? Nothing.

Instead, the person you are trying to help makes you feel like an idiot. Makes you feel like you should never have bothered cos all it does is cause more shit in your life. So why should I be the one?

Why?

If there is anybody out there that has an answer, please tell me cos I feel so fucking demoralized right now. What kind of world is this where you get punished because you want to do the right thing? because you believe in doing the right thing? Because you know that the truth is all we have and removing it will never make anything right again.

Tell me. Please. Because at this very second, if I see another human being in trouble, I am ready to look away, just like everybody else.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A poem on the wall of Mother Teresa's children's home in Calcutta — "People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People who really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway. Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway."

Patrice said...

I don't know the answer, but I encourage you to continue being the one. Do it for you.

Patrice said...

I don't know the answer, but I encourage you to continue being the one. Do it for you.

Anonymous said...

because you are the good one. :-)
I know what you feel but you already know the answer.Keep doing what feels right in your heart.Some people do care.
Love.
Sandrine

adaoraukoh said...

Continue to do good, my sister!

Sandrine said...

I read this name in "Things Fall apart" and I thought about you.Ezigbo.You are the good one.Don't stop being yourself.
Sandrine