Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend gist

I did not really plan anything for the weekend cos friday, I thought, was the main day. So saturday morning comes, and the sun is up, I decide to go for a walk,a good habit I have developed since moving(morning walks)to this part of town. Anyway, so I walk my usual route by the sea, have my usual existential thoughts and all, then I decide to walk back through the forest. I had seen people packing their cars and then taking out back packs and going on a trail, seems like it was some sort of favourite spot for hikers, anyway, so I decided to do that as well. It was all going well until I somehow went of the trail...anyway, so I walk on, until I get to a cluster of buildings. I am telling you, it was the strangest shit. It was just there, all of a sudden. I looked through the windows and it seemed they were studios for artists...I guess they belonged to a union or something. Anyway, behind the houses were all sorts of pottery and clay stuff and masks, and then by the water(sea), was a make shift hut, like those ones one Lekki, barbeach, etc. The whole place seemed so out of place with the woods...I can only imagine what goes on there....discussions, great bursts of ideas, music, marijuana,sex, tears,creativity...you know, the usual.

Anyway, so I move on, until I get to another trail, I take a chance with this, and end up at another clearing, but this time, I meet a couple of people on the trail and they all seemed so cheerful, they even said "hi". The walk continues, and I end up at the site of another building. They were some old cars packed in front....then I get it into my head that this must be a "rehabilitation center", you know, for people trying to get off drugs...they are always showing on tv how these places are often near the sea and the woods(cos no one wants them in their community)...anyway, so now I get this thought in my head...and I think all those people I met on the way are recovering addicts....so my usual imagination goes on overdrive and now I have to get the hell out of there, cos they are also always showing on tv how these people often attack innocent passersby (thats why no one wants them in their community), anyway, I find the trail and I am out of there before one of those men I met on the way decides to attack from behind a tree or something.

My walk ends well, back to my usual route, the sea, the wind, life couldn't be better. Then I do my usual big shopping, and before I know it, it is 4'oclock, my friend calls to remind me we are going to the theatre. Ehhhhhhh really? you don't say? I made such plans? Oh yes, she says, we bought the tickets and all, its at 7 o'clock. Oh yes, ofcourse, I remember. Fuck!!!!!!!!!! Had bath, did hair, did make up, ran all the way to the bus stop.

We saw Ibsen's "a doll house", had very good seats, right in front. During the pause met another friend who just had to critisize so loudly about the parts he did not like.....I was drinking my coffee and just hoping he would shut up, but oh no....he was on the roll...he went on and on....damn...so happy when the pause was over.

Went home in the cold winter night and had hot tea. Sunday arrived, and I had nothing planned except "Nigeria vs Ghana", so I sat with a bottle of baileys and my mobile phone,, the baileys for drinking, and the phone for texting friends and family during anguish, relief or happiness. Had quite a good time, even though Nigeria lost, I thought it was a good game. And that folks, was my weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your weekend was much better than my!i stayed indoor the whole time!happy new week girl!

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started about the Niaja game.. I was at the cinema on Saturday watching 'Cloverfield'.

Allied said...

;(...

I stayed in all weekend, cooked for a party and watch movies on Youtube.. Dag , i need to get a life

Waffarian said...

@aworan and doja, I feel your pain, here is my take on the whole issue here, hehehehe, hope it cheers u up!

http://waffynews.blogspot.com/

Afrobabe said...

hmmm feeling that walk and trail thing but unfortunately my "friend" is butt lazy and hates the cold....

will need a new "friend" to embark on walks with but wettin I go tell this one???

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Good to see that you had a good weekend and that you watched the match. I was too afraid to watch. Thank God, I didn't, considering the outcome!

BTW, your latest Guardian article was wonderful!

StR8 UP Desiree'D said...

lol nice post. had me laughing with ur whole trail gist... just stick to ur normal routine my dear. And need I say more about Naijavs.Ghana?? No I don't think so.

StR8 UP Desiree'D said...

lol, u had me cracking with ur little adventure, but just stick to ur normal routine... and need I say more about the match except thx God i didnt watch it.
It's another wkend, Have fun and be safe.