Thursday, September 9, 2010

Okay...

I am up. Drinking coffee and pretending I am a very strong and brave woman that can take on the world. I have to actually get in character to be able to leave my apartment today. How am I? How am I?

Well, despite the fact that I have been quite depressed, I have to say, I am quite lucky. I remember writing a post once about how I always get calls from people I have not heard from in a while on days when I really feel bad...

I can't dig out that post now, but its the weirdest thing. Let us take yesterday, the worst of the days. I was down. Completely out. Let's look at the people who got in contact with me, yesterday, of all days.

1. My two sisters (okay, not a surprise cos I talk to them quite often)

2. A colleague from work. ( A surprise)

3. An old friend from Nigeria (???)

4. My ex's mother (???)

5. An old room mate I have not spoken to in more than 8 years (??? we ended up talking until 4 in the morning)

6. A mail from another friend from Nigeria (possible he read my blog??? but I doubt it)

7. Phone call from good friend who just got back into town so I met her up at the station and we had coffee.

I can be in complete solitude for months, without a word from anybody, and then suddenly, everybody gets in contact on the same day! If they could only spread themselves out a little bit, over days and months, it would help.

However, I am grateful that I am loved.

So now, I shall drink coffee and pretend I am strong and brave.

Crap life.

No comments: