Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jacob the dreamer...

I have decided to start writing down my dreams/nightmares. One of the reasons I do not enjoy sleeping is because I dream a lot. And they are always quite intense. I dream about my own thoughts, actions and even fantasies. That is why, I do not watch action/thriller movies and defintely, no horror movies. Anything that happens in my life manifests itself in my dreams and vise versa. My sister calls me "Jacob the dreamer". I also often dream about my family and friends as well, and I know when someone is ill, in trouble or sad. But that is a story for another day. Apparently, my grandmother was a great dreamer as well, as is my mother. Anyway, from now on, my dreams would be narrated here. If you are interested in giving interpretations, feel free. I am writing them down just because. Perhaps I can make sense of my life? Perhaps it will be therapeutic? I have no idea, but they shall be written down.

2 comments:

Myne said...

I did this when I was younger and dreamed a lot and it really helped. It became too much and I begged to stop and it did. I hope yours helps too.

Emi said...

Hi Waffarian,
I started reading your blog a couple of months ago. It what somewhat disconcerting because you remind me a lot of myself. It seems we have generally,somewhat similar childhood experiences ie growing up in Lagos (I think) And boarding school. Also I dream. A lot. My sister also calls me "Jacob the Dreamer to this day, Especially as I cannot help but share my dreams. I believe we are also about the same age, I will be 32 this year.

Anyway, long story short, I recently decided to take my dreams seriously. I never have in the past because I usually have an explanation for my dreams, something i read about or watched on television, a conversation, anything.I have found out recently that sometimes my dreams come true. I bought a book about interpretations but that just endded up scaring me! So be encouraged sister, as I have been by you, you are not alone.

I really admire your style. You are richly blessed.