Monday, December 17, 2007

Say something

I am kneeling here. The room is here and yet, I do not feel its presence, it is not my space, my space is somewhere else, uninhibited by walls and doors. They scare me, walls and doors. I love the openess of the sea but life can never be like that, can it? Open, beyond what the eye can see? And that is why I am kneeling here. I hear nothing, my world is closed all around me, the only sign of my existence are the hunger pangs gnarling away at my intestines, I don’t want it to be over, this experience but soon enough, I will have to face the world again, a place where red eyes go about with hunger in them, and those arms of people, reaching forth to caress you, reaching forth to drown you, reaching forth to do something, it is now or never, face the world or you go under, say something, do something, smile, laugh, have a glint in your eye...

“Do you know why you are being punished again?”

If you would only tell me, I will be forever grateful, pray, tell me why? Because I know for sure something you all don’t know...

“No senior”

“Do you realize you are the only one left here, again?”

I realize, dear young adult, but I also realize that I know something that you don’t...

“Yes senior”

“Why can you not, like all the other juniors say “forgive me?” why can’t you?”

Because I know something you don’t, that my world is bigger than those two words and bigger than you...

“I don’t know why senior”

“You don’t know why? Do you admit you have done something wrong?”

Something wrong, something right, who is the judge? My world is bigger than right and wrong, bigger than this space, this time...

“Once again, you will stay here, while others are sleeping, you will kneel down all night since you cannot say “forgive me”

All through the night...reminds me of a song, all night long, all night long....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm. A lesson well told.

Anonymous said...

Given your previous post, I suspect this was a conversation with Piotr Smirnov . . .

Afrobabe said...

Hmmm sounds like boarding school...should have been as stubborn as me!!!

Allied said...

Nice.. standing ur ground?

Waffarian said...

@Ibilola: yes oh

@Patrice: heheheheh,ehhhh, yes, I am guilty of many conversations with Smirnov...

@afrobabe: Yeah, it was!

@allied: yes.

Kiibaati said...

I so hated boarding school.Arhh!

uknaija said...

i know tht feeling