Monday, December 3, 2007

Up early...

Anytime I am up this early, "common entrance exams" memories suddenly attacks my brain. That is how traumatic it was, getting up early...I don't even want to remember...too tired, I'll write about that another day. I had a good Sunday, very eventful, managed to get myself to church, and lo and behold, they were having a bazaar! The last time I was at a church bazaar, I was 8 years and old and my brother was the "chairman" which meant my father went broke trying to "top" all the donations...ah, those newspaper/petrol/high life/catholic church/pepper soup memories...my father... well well, I will write another post when my brain finally decides to wake up, until then, happy week!

N.b: My wish for you all this week is to find lots of love and happiness in your family, family is beautiful... respect yours and respect the families of others as well. Take care people!

7 comments:

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

tell me about it! for me anytime i see students in uniforms, i get upset, remembering some really hard times in school- being misunderstood, working and reading way too hard for my sanity!
then i got a nine-to-five job, and sunday evenings/monday mornings were the saddest, most difficult times...getting up early to face the monstrous traffic situation in Lagos.
babes, na so i just bone the job jare. i get one life to live, better live it doing what me like, abi?
these days, i'm wishing to turn the hand of time o, go back to secondary school and do some things differently- live a more groovy, fun life. i was a total nerd back then... i miss my youth abeg!

respect. that's the key word my sister. since love is so misunderstood, i only ask for respect. dont love me, dont even like me sef; just dont spit on my face and treat me like shit.
there's the type of respect you earn, and there's the type you exhibit to all humans...
even in relationships sef, we always ask for love. i dont. if he loves me, he loves me. if he doesn't, there's nothing i'll do, or wear, or say, or give that will change his mind. d only thing i ask for is respect and appreciation. me no want that kind love wey the bros go dey shout for my head, dey beat me come dey tell me say im love me. nah nah!

chai! see as this my comment long. lol!

hope u had a lovely weekend?!

Allied said...

Bazaar... wow, i have not heard that word used in that context in a long long time...

Question? Why do we always have to have a high table for every occasion in Nigeria?

Unknown said...

I hope all's well

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

so your papa went broke eh? The things our parents will do for us. hahaha.

Waffarian said...

@Isi, yeah....u get what I am saying, love is a whole other ball game, u are so right, u can't controll that, but respect, now there's something we should be able to expect!

@allied, my dear, meself, I shock wey I see am, but it was really fun, I ate all sorts of foriegn snacks, bought two paintings and a bag of korean candy(tasted like cake).

Yeah that "chairman" thing, na our "oga/madam" syndrome for that country, we can never be all equals, haba! someone must always be above the rest. I was at a wedding where they had "vip section", imagine!

@olamild, I dey kampe, how na?

@solomonsydelle, yes oh, and those days, we dey attend almost every function for catholic church!

uknaija said...

Bazaars and chairmen...

kramer said...

Hey, I finally took the time to visit. Glad to see ur back to blogging full blast. Its been long. Too busy. How sad is that. Anyway im sure u understand. Ur writing is great as usual. Only if I coulld express my thots like you. Anyway let me read on. Talk to u soon.