Friday, December 28, 2007

The watter bottle

"I can't find the fucking bottle!" screamed Jonathan

Maria looked up from the couch where she was lying, "have you checked your gym bag"?

"It is not there, I tell you! I can never find anything in this bloody house. Just look at the kitchen, it’s a mess. Must I do everything in this house?"

Maria sighed and turned up the volume of the TV

"I mean, why can't you clean this place up? Instead of watching TV?"

"I am tired, Jonathan"

"You are always tired! You are so lazy! Where the fuck is my water bottle? And why don't you help me find it? That’s what I don't understand, instead of helping out, you just pretend like you don't understand what is happening"

Maria got up, she put on her slippers and slowly walked around, it was obvious she was not looking for anything; her eyes were still fixed on the TV screen.

"Why don't you buy another one when you get there?"

"That’s what I don't understand with you! Why should I buy another one when I have one already? Women! All you know how to do is waste money...if only I can find that water bottle..."

"Better to waste money that have a heart attack, have you checked the bag?"

"How many times will I tell you? It is not there!"

Maria waited until Jonathan went upstairs, she opened the bag, and there, beneath his gym clothes was the water bottle.

"I have found it!"

"Where?"

"In your gym bag of course, where else?, you must have put it in and forgot, you are beginning to show symptoms of Alzheimer’s ... you should go and check yourself"

"Its because I never get any help in this bloody house, I have to do everything myself!"

Jonathan took his bag and walked out of the house, banging the door as he left.

Maria lay down on the couch, and the phone rang. She let it ring for a couple of minutes before she picked it up

"I am sorry"

"You are a difficult man"

"I did not mean all those things I said, I am just tired and stressed"

"You are difficult"

"I am sorry"

"You will never change. I am going off to bed now; don't forget to put on the alarm when you come in, Good night"

5 comments:

Afrobabe said...

Hmmm, is this married life...doesn't look as exciting as we think, so why are we so desperate to get hitched??

Idemili said...

Great stories Waff (pronounced 'Woof')

Anonymous said...

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Kiibaati said...

Familiarity breeds contempt...and babies.

Waffarian said...

@kiibaati, I often think lots of couples go on to have babies instead of breaking up...perhaps making babies is easier?