Tuesday, May 5, 2009

But why, do I waste my time?

I keep mostly to myself. I don't like being involved with too many people because they always end up disappointing me. Yet...sometimes, I decide to give people a chance...which is mostly me being a psychologist and listening to their various problems...Oh Lord, the problems! I listen and listen and listen...

then suddenly they disappear...because they feel better of course, or they no longer need your help, or they are now busy doing something else...

then you call, hoping everything is okay...wondering...

Of course they are okay...just they no longer need you, you know...

Then I ask myself, but why, do I waste my time?

sigh. At least I tried again...too bad, back to my old self.

And God save the next person that comes knocking on my door with one problem or the other...hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

10 comments:

Tairebabs said...

awww don't take it that way. I like to think that when I do good, I am building myself, if it is not reciprocated by the recipient, it really should not matter because I have done my part.

Don't let the bad in people change the good in you. I know it's easier said.

Patrice said...

"Then I ask myself, but why, do I waste my time?"

You have not wasted your time. You helped someone work through a problem. Gratitude might later be shown in subtle ways . . . but don't count on it. Try to take delight in the intrinic value of your actions. Yes, easier said than done. (I just said it, but am not that good at doing it.)

Tigeress said...

These individuals are users- i say drop them. they also sound like man-wrappers. lol
Anyway, how are you?

Adaeze said...

hmm I know all too well what u mean. I did a post about this a while back. Don't allow stupid people to take away your faith in all people though, they're not worth it.

NaijaScorpio said...

I totally understand how u feel. I've had to happen to me before. It almost leaves u feeling used. I support ur decision.

SHE said...

But no, You do not waste your time at all.

You do good. Though you know it not.

Ms. Catwalq said...

what did i do that you ignored me?
hun?

BSNC said...

eya i know how you feel. Don't let them get to you. Some people are just like that.. just keep doing you :)

Enkay said...

Sometimes it helps to choose whose 'story' you listen to. Nontheless, I think you should find comfort the fact that you've one more person.

Not everyone is that way though. Don't lock that door even if you do close it for a while.

First time here!

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody!

My name is Eva, I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

I am here to network / interact with other people for sharing knowledge, discussing ideas, seeking advice, find business partners & the like.

Regards,
Eva