Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slippers under armpit...

I have been contemplating moving...my only problem is that I do not know WHERE. I don't want to go to the States cos I like my bicycle and hate hummers. I don't want to move back to Nigeria cos I don't know how to live in any other place than Warri.I never got the hang of Lagos and I don't feel comfortable not knowing all the corners...makes me feel unsafe. Anytime I enter a taxi, na just by luck. Cos they can take me anywhere and I will have no idea where I am . The only time I am absolutely sure of where I am going, is when you cross that bridge going to Victoria Island. It really sucks to be in that city. It's not like Warri is such a great place to live in but I know all the streets and roads and "corner corner" so I feel safer. I know where I am at all times and I know who lives where, whose house you can go to, etc etc. But anyway, I don't want to live there either. Okay, so I know, there are more cities in Nigeria than Lagos and Warri...but anyway, this is my excuse and I am sticking with it.

So I don't want to live in Europe, not in the United States, and definitely not in Naija.

So the options are Asia or another African country...

I am leaning towards "another African country"...(and no, not ghana, before some people begin think na because of ghana man...ghana man by the way is still there oh, but no progress ...it seems they take things quite slow in that country)

Yes, I know, I'll have to learn new stuff there as well, new places, food, culture, etc etc...

I guess it will be an adventure...I don't know...I really need to find somewhere to live...cos this aint "werking" for me.

I give myself another year in this country. If, by that time, I still feel this way, then na to carry slippers under armpit, comot for here.

And please, nobody should mention England...that place sucks...

Wait...I could live in Nigeria though...maybe a village...I won't mind village life...but then I'll need some source of income...maybe I can be a farmer...

Oh Lord! What should I do?????????????

Okay, calm down...one year...that's reasonable, breathe in and out, in and out, in and out....

Wait! Wait! I know! I wanna go to the exact place where these videos were shot...this is where I wanna live....







I mean, will it be so wrong to spend my days fishing and watching people dance lambada?

I could be a fisherwoman...

5 comments:

Danny BaGucci said...

LOL.. Fisher woman? Norrin do you jare... God pass dem!

Patrice said...

"I mean, will it be so wrong to spend my days fishing and watching people dance lambada?"

Not wrong at all, although the videos suggest that you might have more fun spending your days dancing lambada and watching people fish . . .

Anonymous said...

Can't see vid, my computer issues.

Did you know my grandma before she passed? When she came to live with us and she was bored or vexed because she could not see her farm, she would put her slippers under her armpit and walk. We went on many walks with her:-).

Nanko.

p.s. Calabar,Ibadan?I think they still have quality of life.

Adaeze said...

hey where DO you live? hahaha i laughed when I saw kaoma -lambada. I LOVE that song.. lalalalalala

Anonymous said...

...pack your bags and let's go to Lambada city.