Saturday, May 9, 2009

I am sorry, Engineers...

My mum told me some time ago, that the only reason people misunderstand me is because I am not with people who understand me. Meaning simply, that I need to be with people who think the same way like I do and then I would not feel misunderstood.

Basically, she said that my strategy sucks. Instead of becoming a recluse and keeping away from human beings, I am supposed to be finding people who are also like me(perhaps she could not bring herself to say other "weirdos" like you hehehehehe).

This week, I spent time with a friend of mine who I am not so close to because I have made no effort to do so.. We are alike in many ways...we both have a serious tendency to become hippies. Anyway, we had a very good time and it felt really good to be able to do things that I like to do. Since Jojo left, (damn that bloody England), I have not had a friend to go to places with.

My mum was right. I am always just with the wrong people.

I am sorry, Engineers...

7 comments:

Rebirth said...

i think im going to adapt ur mum's advice too and get out of this recluse....... time to find people who can understand me

Ms. Catwalq said...

1. This ur habit of digging out youtube videos from archives that even they don't know that they have....na real wah

2. i got u man...why u worried about everyone else?

3. Being a recluse is sometimes unavoidable especially when u r surrounded by a certain methodology of thought. I mean, seriously, do you think u would function well in typical Nigerian social circles? If you wish to reduce your IQ points, fine...but if not, I am sorry, you are going to have to adopt some sort of self preservation, one of which is keeping to yourself.

Waffarian said...

@catwalq: I don't function well in ANY social cirle...hehehehhehehehe

Adaeze said...

this is a GREAT point. I swear to this rule. It has made be a bit poor when it comes to friends but u know what, im more happy with the ones I do have. I dont need the other ones' bullshit.

Patrice said...

Engineers?

"@catwalq: I don't function well in ANY social cirle...hehehehhehehehe"

I don't believe any part of that, except maybe the laugh at the end! Blogger counts as a social circle, and you function very well in it.

Crnk Mnyx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crnk Mnyx said...

I sympathize with this post and the comments.

Anybody have advice for locating hippies in Lagos? I just want to make some friends here, with negligible loss of IQ and integrity. Google was no help. :(