Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Disappear

I walk in my gym shoes. There is still snow outside but I dont't know about that anymore. I am not sure if anything is real anymore. It is cold but my jacket is open. I don't feel anything. I walk briskly. The bus is there. The bus driver says something. I guess he wants to know something about my ticket. I mention a stop. He nods. I still don't know what he said. The bus is empty. I sit down. I get off the bus. There are two people hugging on the platform. They hug. I stop to look. Her face is red. She is cold. He keeps holding her. I turn away. There are stones under my shoes. I lean on something. I don't know what it is. A young man stares at me. I hold his stare. He looks away. The train rolls in. I find a seat. Things roll by. Trees, houses, white land. I don't know what things are anymore. I bite my lips.I feel something. Did I draw blood? Was that real? Me biting my lips? I look around me. There are people everywhere. Are they real? Am I real? I get off the train. I am drifting. Drifting. People all around me but I am drifting. I walk faster and faster, can I stop drifting? I do not stop. I am drifting. I pass by more people. I am going to disappear, I think. I am going to disappear, this very minute. I am going to disappear. I walk into a shop. I ask for a chocolate drink. I am real. I can talk. I am real. They do not have chocolate drink. I look around. I buy an ice cream. I am real. I walk out eating my ice cream. My mouth is moving. I am real. I did not disappear. I see her waving at me from a window. I wave back. I am real.

3 comments:

Harry said...

Nice one dere...

AliceDCL said...

Wow.....
i felt you in there

Patrice said...

A scoop of ice cream before you go out next time.