Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Sunday!

Don't you just love sundays? You can lie in bed all day, listen to music and just have a cozy time....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....my dad was the ultimate master of enjoying sundays...when we were kids we'd wake up to his old turn table blasting some high life or another, acara on the table ( hot and steaming) with newly baked bread ("agege" bread).

He'd have bought newpapers, magazines, etc. Ah! What a cosy time we all used to have. We'd be in our pyjamas all day just watching cartoons ( eh, I mean "variety show" on Delta TV) and munching on something or the other. My poor mum woud be slaving away in the kitchen but in a good way, she also liked seeing us in our sunday attires.....cosy time normally ended when "sunday visitors" starting arriving. You know, how families would go visiting after church those days. I have no idea what families in Nigeria do these days but when I was a kid, my father's friends used to come visiting, all their children in tow...

Ah! I wouldn't trade my childhood for the world. My childhood in Warri beats anybody's hands down..hehehehehehee....

Hugs to everybody who enjoys family time...its the best...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Having a happy family time right now.. Happy Sunday to you too!
Would you like to have a banner of WE ARE JOS on your blog?If yes, that would be so nice.Please visit http://helpnigeria.blogspot.com
Thanks..
www.askchacha4free.blogspot.com

mizchif said...

HAppy Sunday to you too!

I do miss Sundays @ home, tho i hated those family visits, both those we had to make and those we recieved.

Hurray for happy childhoods.

Harry said...

Happy Sunday 2 u 2

SHE said...

Yes!

Sunday. The only day I'm allowed to wake up at nooon!

joicee said...

I thoroughly make sure that I enjoy my sundays íf I´m not working that is.
Yay to your childhood.

Anonymous said...

Yes it was.... good times good times ;)

Longsufferer said...

hey babes...how u? long time...currently in the states....will be in jand for 4 days from the 7th of april..so wil holla at u den....take it easy...hope u are well sha??

http://www.gistdotcom.blogspot.com/ said...

lol....im actually from warri too but in uk now...i missssss delta TV, even tho they r annoying...lol