Friday, April 1, 2011

Weekend...

It's gonna be quite dry.

Going to hit the ghetto today to buy food and also, cos I have an interview there. So I am gonna kill two birds with one stone, I guess. I am trying to be better with my monthly shopping. Instead of buying stuff almost everyday. Its expensive and boring. I hate going to the shop everyday. As if I have nothing better to do. Like its a hobby. Its very irritating.

By the way, you know what happened to me yesterday? I went to a cafe to do some writing and instead of buying my usual coffee, I decided to get some tea instead. Roiboos. Anyway, so I drank a huge cup with honey. The mug was really huge. Anyway, right after I drank this, I began to feel extremely sleepy.I decided to go home and take a nap and all the way home I kept yawning and could hardly keep my eyes open. When I got home, I was out immediately. On the phone later in the day, I told my sister I was sure it was the tea but she just laughed. Now, after a bit of googling, I find out it is true! It does induce sleep. And has a calming effect, against anxiety, etc.

From now on, I will drink only roiboos at nights...imagine if this can finally help with my insomnia. It would be a miracle cos nothing "natural" has ever helped. So it would indeed be great thing...but I can't drink roiboos in the day time if I am going to be sleeping anyhow...maybe a small mug for relaxing effect or something...but definitely not a big mug like I drank...

2 comments:

alligator legs said...

i had no idea it was documented...but i used to get my best sleep at night after a giant cup of rooibos. thanks for reminding me! :)

Unknown said...

Really?! Better than sleeping pills!

Adiya