Monday, February 5, 2007

To you

I remember the first day I saw you, I asked if you had some tape?
Do you remember? you were quiet and tall, you did not speak much
but your quiet ways made me curious
We were in the same class and soon became friends
I thought we were so different
but still, we became friends
it was not long before i came to rely on you
you always seemed to be there, my quiet, tall friend
One day, I woke up and you were gone, suddenly out of my life
For years, I missed our friendship, your quiet subtle ways
the laughter we shared that never seemed to end
I missed you my friend, I missed you.

4 comments:

kramer said...

You make me sound like Im dead!! Was lost but now Im found. This is only the beginning of a beautiful friendship, my dear friend.

Waffarian said...

Ha ha ha hmmmmmmmmm, good point, perhaps i'll change something!

Waffarian said...

Hence the past tense "missed", meaning I don't miss you anymore!

kramer said...

Ok fair enough. Thanks 4 pointing out the grammatical implication of the past tense.