Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Music...




My father used to play music on Sundays when I was a kid. In my head, Sunday is always for music. You wake up, and the first thing you do is put on the radio or a CD. You make coffee or tea and you have a cosy time with your family. My family is not here but I will have a cosy time anyway. I will buy some milk and make hot cocoa, I will put some baguettes in the oven and put some butter over hot bread. I will go for a walk or take my bicycle for a ride. Sunday is to make life cosy. Love, sweets, newspapers, pepper soup. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your lives. I need to clean as well.

Something: An old admirer called me around 2 last night, drunk. Seriously, the first thing you should do when you are drunk is to hide your mobile phone. One always starts calling up all sorts of people. I know. I am guilty of doing that as well. Anyway, he kept on saying how he really liked me and how he was so sorry he had been bad to me, and I should forgive him etc etc. I listened to everything and behaved towards him the way I always wished someone would do when I call up drunk. I listened to all his anxiety, problems, fears, his loneliness. When he was done, I said "everything is going to be fine. You will see, it will be okay. Now, drink a glass of water, and go to bed. I'll call you tomorrow". Actually, I am not going to call him back. I know how drunk calls work. Right now, he is probably very ashamed of himself and even if he does remember, will not want to know what he said or did not say. Best to give him time to get over the whole thing. The best will be to call him up in about two weeks or so and laugh merrily over the whole episode.

Now, I will go for my walk.

Sending you all love...

By the way: Rings on men are so damn ugly. If its not a wedding ring, everything else just looks crazy on their fingers. Especially those big round colorful ones...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

4 comments:

Myne said...

Enjoy your Sunday dear, we're OK here, enjoying a late lie in. Funny about the drunk call, lol.

Unknown said...

Glad you taking your Sunday easy dear, mine weekend was hectic, I have my bloodshot eyes to show for it..
True talk on about the drunk conversation..Take care dear..

Longsufferer said...

Lol...Sunday music......Drunk conversation.....always seems like a good idea at the time...lwkmd!!!
U r a bigger person for not rubbing it in his face, the next day.

Anonymous said...

I had turned off my laptop then your blog crossed my mind...so here I am. Funny post! Any more thoughts about visiting the U.S?